Tongue moves continuously, feels like a sucking movement on the roof of mouth. Help?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
In looking at the symptoms, do you have a diagnosis?
Another symptom is that my tongue will not stop moving, like a sucking movement on the roof of my mouth.
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 11 hours later

Thanks for the symptoms.

The part of symptoms (involuntary tongue movements like sucking) can be part of extrapyramidal symptoms like parkinsonism. Some medications including antidepressants can cause such involuntary movements.

These diseases are neuroloical condition which occur due to deficiency of chemical mediators (parkinsonism). You need to visit a neurologist for clinical examination and discuss the role of medications inducing such movements.

Hope this answers your query. If you have more queries I will be glad to answer.

Dr Shailja P Wahal