Tongue is black and tastes like ink. Could it be STD?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my tongue is black and tastes like ink. this just happened today. i brushed my tongue with the tooth brush, and it went away but the if feels like its coming back and it still tastes inky. what kind i do? may it be a type of std? i was with a girl last night, but the black tongue just happened two hours ago.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Black tongue with an altered taste sensation which can be removed with a tongue scraper is not XXXXXX and usually goes away without medical attention. It is not suggestive of any STD.
There can be various causes for this like
1... A prolonged use of antibiotics can change the normal levels of bacteria and yeast in the mouth resulting in black tongue.
2.... Mouth breathing can make bacteria enter and grow in tongue papillae resulting in black tongue
3... Regular use of mouthwashes that contain menthol or erosive or other oxidizing agents can cause black tongue.
4... Heavy tobacco use
5... Poor oral hygiene can result in black tongue. The bacteria can grow between the papillae, giving the tongue a black appearance. For good oral hygiene, the recommendation is brushing twice per day,cleaning daily between the teeth, limiting snacks between meals and having regular dental visits.
Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months.
I would advise you to maintain a more proper oral hygiene and pay a visit to your dentist.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.