Told to be pre menopause and wanted periods back. Given Primolut N and asked for hormone test. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
hi i went to the doctor she said i am in pre menopause i told her i want my period back ( i missed my period 2 month) she she gave me primolut nor and she said after 10 days i will have my period and then she will do the hormone test for me after the result she decides if i am able to take the hormone pills
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 45 minutes later
Hi
Once you enter menopause , you cannot have your period XXXXXXX back XXXXXXX
Your doctor is absolutely right.
In response to Primolut, you would have withdrawal bleeding.
However, once you have entered menopause, the hormonal levels would fall to an extent where even medically, periods would not be possible.
Once that is confirmed, you have to accept the transition.

Follow-up: Told to be pre menopause and wanted periods back. Given Primolut N and asked for hormone test. Suggest? 41 minutes later
Ok thank for your info, when Ian done the hormone test I will discuss with you , thank again

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 55 minutes later
Please do get back whenever you get the reports.

Follow-up: Told to be pre menopause and wanted periods back. Given Primolut N and asked for hormone test. Suggest? 46 hours later
Hello doctor i've done my pap smear test and my doctor said that is it normal , so you think it is safe to start with the hormones and witch kind should i start with and the dsage ????????????

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hi
Starting with the hormones is not decided based on the result of the Pap smear.
You have to undergo measurement of your FSH and LH hormonal levels, and then the hormone therapy can be decided.