Told as calcium build up for a large lump in the centre of forehead. What should I do?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a large bump in the center of my forehead. I have been told that it is a calcium buildup. what can I do for it.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need a detailed clinical evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Accumulation of calcium deposits under the skin and other soft tissue structures is termed as CALCINOSIS. There are numerous conditions and disorders that produces calcium deposits under the skin. There is no role for self care measures or home remedies, as the underlying cause has to be determined first, before treating it.

A detailed clinical examination and appropriate investigations are needed to establish the underlying cause for calcinosis.

If your bump is not producing any symptoms, its may not need any immediate intervention. If its symptomatic, there are many ways to treat like Medicines, Harmones, anticoagulants, local creams and surgical excision.

Consult your family physician for a detailed workup and further management.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further