Toddler suffering from cold. Will it be safe to give lactogen milk?

hello sir ,pls tell advantage of lactogen milk for baby is 4 month old.he is suffering frm cold pls give me some suggestion.his weight not increase.birth weight is 2.5.and now weight is 4.6.
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 57 minutes later

EXCLUSIVE BREAST FEEDING should be done till 6 months of age.
No formula milk can be compared with nutrition value and anti infective properties of breast milk.
If for any reason you have to give formula, lactogen is good. It has been formulated to provide baby with nutrients essential for growth and development.
Relax, weight gain is adequate as you mentioned birth weight was 2.5 kg and at 4 months it is 4.6 kg. Baby doubles birth weight by 5 months of age.

Regarding cold, I would suggest you to get him examined by pediatrician as physical examination is needed to auscultate the chest.
If there is nose block, you can give saline nasal drops 4 to 5 times a day.
Give steam inhalation also as dryness in air also leads to cold.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any question, I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless.