Toddler having fever. Using acetaminophen. Worrisome

Pediatrician, Neonatology
toddler from highmy little girls temp was 103 @ 8pm I gave her children's acetaminophen it came down some but it is now midnight and it is 104. She got the flu nasel spray yesterday she not acting sick but the hight temp worries me.
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 33 minutes later

I very well understand your concern!

You can do the following lower the fever
1. Repeat the dose of acetaminophen or paracetamol in correct dose (the correct dose will be 10 mgs per kg body weight per dose)
2. Alternatively if you have ibuprofen syrup you can give one dose.
3. Do tepid sponging - soak some small towels in ordinary water and wrap the legs and arms with it. Keep repeating this till temp comes down
4. Give more fluids
Last but not the least and important - take her to the ER if temp does not come down.

Hope the suggestions help. I will be available to help you if you need further assistance.

Good luck!!!
Dr Uma