Toddler has started vomiting, passing foul greyish yellow runny stools. Should I consult a doctor?

Psychiatrist
Question
20 month old vomiting for 3 days now with foul greyish yellow runny stools. Should I take her to doctor. She's not eating
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query. Vomiting loose stools and lack of appetite point towards bacterial or viral gastroenteritis. I would suggest you XXXXXXX a physician. A stool culture and sensitivity test might be required. You can use oral rehydration solution to avoid complications. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar