Toddler has lump between back ear and jawline. Blood test normal. Should I be worried?

HI, my son of 13 weeks nearly 3 months old has a lump between his back ear and jawline, it doesn t hurt and doesn t bothered him, been to the pediatrician, they did bloodtests and ultrasound and they re not really giving me an answer,cause the blood results were all good and the scan was lots of blood vessels; they think it might be a birthmark that comes up after 2months of age and goes slowly away again, but he had this lump 2 weeks after his first immunisation. He doesn t have any fever either.Is healthy as. The lump feels warm and goes up like a yoyo with hard and soft, big and small lump. They say that I have to wait another months (that in a couple more weeks time) Do I have to get worried? Also do u think it won t harm him if he flies on the airplane?
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 53 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

I request you to not to worry regarding your baby. I think your baby is having a hemangioma and it may take even longer to fade away. I dont see any issue with him travelling on a flight.

Can you tell me the exact diagnosis they gave?
What ever the diagnosis is do not worry about the the doctors must have investigated the same and looked into the matter thoroughly.
Please upload the picture of the lesion and ultrasound report if possible.

Hope you are breast feeding your baby........ please breast feed your baby as this is best for your baby.

You may contact me with further details on the following URL...........

In such scenario the questions are directly forwarded to me .............. and I can answer your queries regarding your baby online regularly.

Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics