Toddler fell on stomach where uterus and ovaries are, caused pain. Will it have negative effect on fertility?

Infertility Specialist
my 30-pound toddler was jumping around while i was sitting on the ground. she fell on top of my lower stomach right where my uterus and ovaries are.
it was extremely painful. i'm a thin woman (only 105 pounds) and it knocked the wind out of me for about 10 minutes, like a very bad blow to the stomach but it was in my reproductive organs area.

now 30 minutes has passed. i feel mostly better. a bit of ache. there is no bruising or marks.
do you think this incident caused long-term damage to my fertility? should i go to a doctor and check it out? i want another child and am worried my ovaries are damaged.
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Ovaries, uterus or any of the reproductive organs will not be damaged by such small trauma.

2) The pain is due to the impact on bladder and skin superficial. It will come down.

3) Hence I would like to reassure that there would be absolutely no damage to your reprductive system and you will definitely conceive.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Toddler fell on stomach where uterus and ovaries are, caused pain. Will it have negative effect on fertility? 2 days later
Thank you.

Today I had an umedicated IUI and am trying to conceive.

When I got home (1.5 hours later), I checked my cervical position in the shower. I pushed a bit to see if I had cervical mucus. Do you think this pushed out all the sperm?
Hi, Sperms wouldn't come out by pushing cervix. But there is danger of contamination and introducing infection by touching cervix. Never do that again. This Take rest for 2 to 3 days. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol