Toddler cries while passing urine. Prescribed xymex and mometasone furoate. Is this safe?

Hello Doctor,
My son is 3 months old and cries a lot when he has to urinate. I have been prescribed Xymex drops and Mometasone Furoate cream.

Wanted to confirm if the cream can be applied and will not lead to any side effects?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 17 minutes later

A baby cries a lot before passing urine. This is because they may not be able to release their sphincter when bladder is full. This results in bladder distension which causes pain and they cry. While crying the sphincter is released and then they pass urine.

I hope you are breast feeding your baby. Breast feeding is best for babies. Please continue to breast feed and spread the good word about breast feeding. It will help the society.

You may contact me for queries on your kid’s health, feeding, vaccination etc on the following URL.

In such scenario the questions are directly forwarded to me and I can answer your queries regarding your kid online regularly.

Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics