Tobacco user. Have soreness and hard lump on jaw. What is wrong?

First if I am a chewing tobacco user. I have had some soreness on the right side of my jaw and I just noticed a small hard lump on my jaw I can fell threw my cheak what could this be
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. That could be related to smoking, or sometimes dentures, etc. Most of the time, it is controlled with stopping the cigarettes. The lesion is named leukoplakia. There is one percent more or less the chance of cancer. Dentists usually take picture of the lesion and follow it periodically to see how it disappears. They may even do a biopsy of the lesion to see if it is malignant now or in the future. I wish you a good health.