Ask a Dentist   »  

Tobacco addict. Mouth has difficulty opening fully, whiteness in mouth, Suggest medical remedies to cure?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Question
hi i am chewing tobacco from past 1 year and now i am getting difficulty in eating because my mouth is not opening fully one side it is getting slightly white inside my mouth. please tell me some medicinal remedies so that i can cure myself.?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 10 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thank you for the query.
I would suggest that you quit chewing tobacco immediately for the better health. Restricted mouth opening on one side may be because of many reasons including chewing tobacco. The exact cause can only be determined after a physical examination by a dentist. Please visit a dentist who specializes in Oral Medicine or Oral surgery or to a dental college. Till then, you can take Tab.Lycostar once daily for 15 days which may help to control the white lesion [provided you quit the tobacco habit!]. Also, I would suggest that you take more tomatoes in your regular food.
I hope I have answered your query. I shall be available for follow ups. Please accept my answer if you have no more queries.

Follow-up: Tobacco addict. Mouth has difficulty opening fully, whiteness in mouth, Suggest medical remedies to cure? 27 hours later
I have quiet chewing tobacco from past one week and i am taking prednisolane 10 mg and while i am consuming it i feel very weak. Can u tell me how Lycostar may help me and will it effect my health or make me weak? And also I am doing some mouth exercise by putting two to three fingers daily. This is helping me to open my mouth but while i eat the food it feels like chewing lots of spice although my food is simple.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for the query.

It is nice to hear that you have already quit chewing tobacco. I hope you are taking Tab. Prednisolone after consulting the doctor. Your complaints like restricted mouth opening, burning sensation while taking food are usually noted in 'Oral Sub-mucous fibrosis'. This is better treated by dentist, specialized in Oral Medicine. Usually treatment involves local injections and few mouth exercises. My suggestion is to visit the dentist who has specialized in the same and get it treated. The treatment duration is usually of long duration and largely depends on how closely you follow your dentists’ instructions.

Tab.Lycostar contains 'Beta Carotene + Vitamin C + Vitamin E + Selenium + Zinc + Lycopene. It is usually helpful in reducing white lesions. It acts as antioxidant. It does not cause weakness.

I hope I have answered your query. I shall be available for follow up.

Please accept my answer if you have no more queries.

Follow-up: Tobacco addict. Mouth has difficulty opening fully, whiteness in mouth, Suggest medical remedies to cure? 7 hours later
Thank you for answering me would be in touch with you soon after i take lycostar.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 9 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

I am happy to know that my answer was useful to you.

In addition to my reply, Please note that ONLY Tab. Lycostar will not subside your symptoms.

I encourage you to consult the Dentist with specialization in Oral Medicine to get proper instructions for exercises and if require local injections. They are also important.

As treatment is simple and comfortable in the early stages, do not neglect. Visit a dentist at the earliest.

Thanks for posting your query. Hope I have answered your query. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further query.

Wish you speedy recovery.

With regards,