To confirm epididymal cyst which is good, Ultrasound or USG?

General Surgeon
Sir, to confirm epididymic cyst , some doctors are suggesting USG test and some doctors are suggesting Ultrasound . Are both same or not ? I have done ultrasound test of the scrotum and confirmed epididymic cyst. Should I do USG test ? Please help me sir. Which test should be done to confirm epididymic cyst (USG or Ultrasound )?
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

USG (UltraSonoGraphy) and ultrasound are exactly the same tests. So if you have done an ultrasound and the cyst has been confirmed, no need to do anything else with it. Cysts are benign lesions and if does not grow, no need to do anything with them.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: To confirm epididymal cyst which is good, Ultrasound or USG? 3 minutes later
and if it grows larger ? Is it XXXXXXX ? and if I can't detect it and it grew larger then ? If the cyst grows then can it be malignant ?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
No, generally this cyst can not get cancerous. Sometimes it can be caused by a cancer, however as you have done an ultrasound, cancer is ruled out.
If it will get larger, can start causing some pain and discomfort. In such case, small surgery might be necessary.
But it is generally not XXXXXXX so you should just leave it alone. In case you will start seeing your testicle is larger or starts hurting, cyst has probably gotten bigger.

Hope this will help.
Follow-up: To confirm epididymal cyst which is good, Ultrasound or USG? 2 minutes later
sir U said that some time this cyst is caused by cancer. So it may so happen that in my case it may be caused by cancer !!! What should I do ? If this is caused by cancer then should it be mentioned in ultrasound report ? (nothing has been mentioned about cancer in the report) What should I do now ?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 minutes later
Like I have said before, ultrasound is enough to rule out the cancer. You have had this test and if there would be any suspicious lesion, it would be mentioned in the report for sure. So THE CANCER HAS BEEN RULED OUT WITH AN ULTRASOUND.
No need to worry.