Tissue avr done. Started feeling dizzy. Should I be concerned?

Hi. My mum had a tissue avr nine weeks ago and has suffered from dizzy spells ever since. Today being a particularly severe one. She has lost her confidence. Bp and hr all ok each time. She was previously asymptomatic prior to surgery so she feels this is a step backwards. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Janette x
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I can understand your situation.The spells must have been very terrifying.
9 weeks is good enough time for recovery.Dizzy spells might be due to less blood pumped by the heart to the brain.
It might also be due to ear problems /orthostatic hypotension or vasovagal response.
I think you should consult your cardiac surgeon and a good neurologist for these problems.

If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your mom a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.