Tiredness, worried about hepatitis infection. blood work done, shows inflamed liver. Serious health concern ?

i had blood work done because i was feeling very tired. i just got the results that show that i have inflamation of the liver. the dr said asked me a few questions regarding medications i take, etc. my answers were all negative. i asked him if it could be something XXXXXXX and he said no. however, he wants me to not share cups and other things. i am panicking that it could be something really XXXXXXX i dont drink, smoke, etc. i have a very healthy lifestyle. he had not gotten the hepatitis results yet. do you think i should worry? is this common? i am seeing him tomorrow morning. What di i expect he will do next? thank you

Gender: Female
Age: 52

Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

From your description it seems that your liver enzymes are out of range and the doctor is suspecting a viral hepatitis. Since the results of hepatitis are awaited, he has asked you not to share cups, etc till that time. Most likely he is suspecting Hepatitis A. This is not a XXXXXXX illness. There is nothing to worry. It usually subsides in 7-10 days.

These following measures would be helpful in this regarding:

1) Avoid oily and spicy food.
2) Avoid fatty foods like eggs, meat
3) Low salt diet
4) Medications for better liver function which would be prescribed by your treating physician.
5) Maintain hygiene.

The next line of action of your physician depends on the test reports.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.