Tiredness mostly in evening, loss of balance. Is it of serious concern?

I'm 65, but look 10 years younger. I've been fit all my life, but for the past couple of months I've been feeling tired most of the time. Particularly in the evening. My balance seems strange as well. Obviously worried that it's something serious..
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 47 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
• 65 year old male
• Operated for hernia 3 weeks back.
• Complain of: tiredness and difficulty in balance.

Considering your age and other medical co morbities following causes of your symptoms possible in your case in following hierarchy:

-Hernia in past and post operative periods now: both can lead to above symptoms because of inflammatory process in body.
-Depression: In old age it is usually present with physical symptoms
-Vitamins deficiency
-Age related weakness, decrease calcium density in bones
-Hypertension: leading to reduced blood flow in body

So get examined and investigated by physician to rule out above causes. Same time monitor your blood pressure and eat fruits for vitamins.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.