Tiredness, lack of energy, erectile dysfunction. Lack of iron or testosterone deficiency ?

General Surgeon
Hello! I'm a 21 year old male from Norway. I am 196 cm tall and my weight is 85 kg. The last evenings in the past 2 weeks I have been feeling very tired and have had a total lack of energy in the evenings. I have some symptoms of erectile dysfunction and my libido has almost totally diminished. I am an overall healthy person who is physical active and eat a lot of health food. I sleep 8-9 hours every night so that is not the problem. What do you think is causing this? Lack or iron or testosterone defiency? I have also had some problems with my stomach and I am not eating so much food in the evenings.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 27 minutes later

In a young man with good health and habits history of lack or loss of energy for the last two weeks along with feeling very tired and inability to eat in the evening suggests some sub-clinical ,mild infection .

It suggest low grade infection either bacterial or viral. Chances of lack of Iron or testosterone is quite less.

Erectile dysfunction and loss of libido is temporary and is due to lack of energy.

Some routine investigation may help to find the cause.

Opinion of your primary physician may help in speedy recovery.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
Follow-up: Tiredness, lack of energy, erectile dysfunction. Lack of iron or testosterone deficiency ? 1 hour later

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am very glad to hear that the erectile dysfunction and the loss of libido is temporary, and I hope to restore my strenght very soon.

What kind of infection are we talking about? Can you be a little bit more specific, or is it not possible with the little information you have?
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 6 hours later
Nice to see you again
As you are a known case thoracic scoliosis along with hypokyphosis ,in such a situation one becomes more prone to mild ,low grade ,sub clinical infection which is either bacterial or viral.

Bacterial infection is more common than viral.

Any organ or body system may be involved,to find the organs or system involved one needs or requires detailed clinical examination & investigation.

To be more specific investigation report along with clinical findings are desirable.

‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”