Tiredness, breathlessness while climbing stairs, dry throat, difficulty in talking, was travelling by train frequently

I have constantly felt tired for the last 5 months or so even if I get a good nights sleep . I used to train 4 to 5 times a week and was in good health, and am unable to do so now as it leaves me shattered. If I climb up stairs I am slightly breathless and find it difficult to talk for a short while and my throat currently feels a dry all of the time - any ideas as it is hugely frustrating
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 9 hours later

You have provided me with good information. However, as I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply, please do not mind in answering the following:

1. Are your symptoms associated with Chest pain, tightness or discomfort?
2. Is it worsened by anxiety, stress?
3. Does it cause increased heart rate, sweating?
4. Do you have history of heart disease?
5. Do you have pain in your left arm, jaw?

You have symptoms of insomnia, breathlessness on walking on climbing stairs, dry throat.
This could be caused by various reasons like Anemia, Bronchitis, Panic attack, Asthma, Coronary artery disease. These are a few conditions which cause this. You should do a few investigations to determine the cause.
1. Complete blood count
2. Lipid profile.
3. Thyroid Function test
4. Chest X XXXXXXX
5. ECG (Electrocardiogram)
6. ECHO (Echocardiogram)
7. Treadmill test

It is also better to get investigated by a Physician before doing the investigations. Meanwhile reduce intake of fatty food, eat more XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, do regular exercises and meditation. Avoid smoking and alcohol if you do.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.