Tiredness, achy legs, dizziness. What can cause this?

I am 85 years of age and have been in good health. However, over the past two weeks i have been
feeling very tired, aching legs and an indescribable dizzieness Just overall unwell

I will have to come back to you
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Hypertension may be responsible for your symptoms. If the blood pressure increases it can cause dizziness, fatigue. I advice you to check your blood pressure and if you are on any medication for this you should take the drugs regularly.

If there is increase in the blood pressure i advice you to see doctor for dose adjustment. Other measures like decreased salt intake and regular mild exercise will be helpful.

Other causes include dehydration which can be checked by frequent sips of water. Anemia should be ruled out, Hb estimation should be due. For treating either dietary changes or supplements can be taken.

Leg pain may be due to the anemia and fatigue can be responsible.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer