Tired, weak and sleepy earlier, now feel high and have gained weight. Doubt whether I have thyroid.

Hi sir, I am feel so tired, weak, and excessive sleepiness for the past 2 yrs, but now a days i feel so higher, and also my weight is increased from 82 to 96 Kgs (Height 6.1 Inches), i have a doubt, i am having any thyroid, can u pls advice me....
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 2 hours later

I do understand that you are a 29 year old male with complaints of tiredness, weight gain and increased sleep.

I would definitely screen for Hypothyroidism in your case. Hypothyroidism is a condition associated with decreased thyroxine secretion (T4/T3) from thyroid gland (That is located in the neck). The thyroid hormone function is tightly regulated by a hormone called TSH.

When your T3 and T4 is low, it can cause tiredness, constipation, increased sleep, dry skin, hair fall, neck swelling, weight gain and many more problems. It is not necessary that you need to have all of theses features.

You can get your blood test done for Free T4 and TSH hormone.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.