Tired, sore upper back to the neck, light headaches. Reasons ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
tired, sore upper back to the neck, and sleeping and something light headaches
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later

A general feeling of tiredness with bodyaches and mild headache are usually associated with a mild viral illness.

Viruses in the environment are common and when we are exposed to them they can sometimes trigger a constellation of symptoms.

These types of viral syndromes typically last from as little as 3 days up to sometimes 4 to 6 weeks. I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C.

You can also start with tablet Ibuprofen 400mg, one tablet after breakfast and dinner for three days. Hot fomentation and local analgesic gels will also help in relieving the pain.

I expect your symptoms to gradually level off and improve over the next week or two. In the event that this does not occur, I suggest you visit your recommended with diet, fluid intake and exercise as well as adequate sleep (7-9 hours per night).

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.