Tired, light inner eyelid, blood work normal. Should I be concerned about anemia?

I am a 37 year old female 140 lbs. I had blood work done mid-Dec, so approx. 8 weeks ago. It was all normal...CBC, and testing for kidney function, calcium that sort of thing. I am still feeling slightly tired. I read that inner eye lid's that were light in color is a sign of anemia. Mine are light. My question is should I be worried about anemia? Could my blood change in 8 weeks? Or should I not be worried....Thank you!
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding your concerns.

Given your history I would not be very concerned that you have developed any significant degree of anemia in just the past eight weeks. the only way this would be even a minor concern would be if you had some type of active bleeding going on. I realize you are fatigued but I don't think that this is related to some type of anemia especially if you had normal blood work within the past couple of months.

However there are other things which can be a value weighted to help explain fatigue. There're certain things which can cause of this including dysfunction of the thyroid gland or possibly an infection with a virus.

In addition it is also important to consider other possible contributing factors such as a vitamin deficiency or thyroid dysfunction. I suggest you touch base with your doctor to see if this has been checked in the past.

Finally I think it is critically important that you maintain a very active exercise regimen. I think you should be trying to exercise at least five days per week. This will help improve your energy level and will increase your baseline conditioning.

Thank you again for submitting your question. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr Galamaga