Tired, dizzy, swollen occipital lymph node, stiff fingers, leg pain. Worried

First I should probably say that me and my husband are both healthy 40 year olds who rarely suffer ill health, eat a healthy vegetarian diet, and are moderately active. Two weeks ago I contracted some sort of infection/virus – I was feverish, achy, very tired and had no appetite. I didn’t have a runny nose or sore throat. I didn’t go to my GP, but started to feel much better after 3-4 days of rest, although I’m still a little tired. My concern relates to my husband: as I started to get better, he seemed to get the same illness, but it appeared to be milder – tired, little appetite, slightly feverish but not achy. He went to his GP who told him to rest, and did some blood tests – the GP was happy with these, except his iron was a little low, but the GP was not overly concerned about that. However, he’s had this over a week and although he feels a little better, he’s still very tired and occasionally dizzy. A few days ago he found an occipital lymph node which is slightly swollen (not sore) but this seems to be reducing. He also had some random aches (stiff fingers first thing in the morning, legs occasionally achy). I realise given the timing and similarity of his illness to mine, it is likely to be the same thing and he's on the mend, but I can’t help but worry it is something more serious?
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question .

Lymph Node , Stiff Fingers , aches , Dizziness and mild fever , is a sign of an autoimmune condition . However , a viral pathology should be ruled out . A pathology of a viral illness , should be ruled out and can give similar symptoms to an auto immune condition .

They present the same way clinically . If you had got it first and then more or less the same time your husband suffered from it , I would be suggest that autoimmune specific blood tests also should be done like XXXXXXX ds DNA and RF