Tired, body pain, sore tonsils, headache. anxiety. Is there anything I can do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have felt very tired the last few days & my body has felt achy/ sore areas of tonsils but not swollen.
My body, especially legs & arms ache with cramps or sore pain. I have not done any trauma or extra exercise.I have had awful headaches at the front of my head also. I feel generally fatigued and very sore all over. I have tried to rest but does not seem to be shifting.
I would like to add I have suffered extreme anxiety the last few weeks so thought it was down to that, but I do feel unwell. Is there anything I can do?
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Pain in the arms and legs associated with generalized weakness for last 15 days could be due to-
1. Generalized viral illness.
2. Improper diet.
3. Abnormal body posture, muscle overuse.
4. Electrolyte imbalance.
5. Hormonal disbalance like hypothyroidism.
5. Anxiety neurosis.

All these possibilities need to be ruled out after a proper physical examination and related blood tests.
Till the time you get evaluated for these possibilities, there are some of the other lifestyle options which you can follow:

1) You can take a mild pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen for symptomatic relief. Taking a well balanced will be helpful.

2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.

4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Tired, body pain, sore tonsils, headache. anxiety. Is there anything I can do? 15 hours later
Hi there...

Thanks for that.

I have cloudy urine on and off and milky smelly discharge. What could this be?

I can't get a doctors appointment for 2 weeks... is there anything I can do in the meantime?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The cloudy urine and a smelly discharge is suggestive of a vaginal and urinary infection. It needs systemic antibiotics after vaginal swab culture and urine culture reports.
You can have plenty of fresh cranberry juice and maintain hygiene and avoid unprotected sex till then.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.