Tips to quit smoking and alcohol addiction?

Question
REALLY WANT TO QUIT. PLEASE HELP. I HAVE 2 KIDS & RESPONSIBILITIES ARE HUGE. 919 DAYS LIVING WILL BE TOO TOO MUCH SHORT FOR ME. I WANT TO LIVE A TOBACCO @ ALCOHOL FREE LIFE.... PLEASE SUGGEST.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 41 minutes later
Hi,DIBYENDU

Thanks for posting your query. What I understand from your question is that you want to quit smoking and alcohol and want to live a long life, free of disease.

First of all let me congratulate you for this idea. Yes, addiction like this leads to loads of problems life like financial, social and health related issues.

First of all please visit a psychiatrist in your city. Most of the psychiatrists are practicing deaddiction specialists also.

Addiction in any form leads to lots of dependence on then and does not allow you to stay away from the substance, when you do not take them; they lead to lots of withdrawal problems which are disturbing.

The doctor will analyse first any underlying reason for this kind of addiction like anxiety, depression etc. After that he will guide you for the deaddiction process.

Nowadays drugs are available which help you to quit smoking, alcohol etc, with minimum problems.

Apart from this please try following,

Leave the company which makes you take tobacco or alcohol.

Learn to say no when it is offered.

Keep your self busy and avoid staying alone.

Try to socialize.

Increase your self esteem and confidence by yoga and meditation.

Please do not leave hope; you will definitely be able to quit this.

I hope, this answers your query. I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh