Tips to avoid and cure sun tan?

Hi, I play outdoor games and dialy goes for walk in morning. Because of outdoor exposure to sun, my arms,face and neck are becoming black. Can you please help in preventing this and curing the current state..

Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Sun Burn
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 1 hour later

Welcome to healthcare magic forum

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem.

Exposure of UV rays from sunlight, pollution, dust and other environmental particles make skin darker. UV rays are very harmful to skin.

I would like to give following suggestions which will help in preventing and curing the current state.
- Using sunscreen lotion is the best, effective and simple way of sun protection. You should use sunscreen with 50 SPF (SHADOWS 50 or NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER). It should be applied 20 minutes before sun exposure and re applied every 3 hours.

- For extra sun protection, you should wear full sleeves cotton cloths, wide brimmed hats and sun glass.

- Minimize sun exposure between 11 A.M. to 4 P.M..

- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water a day. Fresh fruit juices like water melon juice, lemon juice, coconut water, orange juice is also helpful.

- All above things will help you in preventing sun damage. For curing your dark skin you need to apply cream with hydroquinone (MELALITE FORTE CREAM) at night on neck and arms. On face cream with kojic acid (KOZIGLOW or KOZILITE) at night is useful. Procedures like skin peeling and microdermabrasion are very effective. You need to consult dermatologist for these procedures.

I hope i answered your question.

Let me know if you have further query.