Ask a Urologist   »  

Tip of foreskin turned white and unable to pull back in erect position. What is the disease called?

the tip of my foreskin has turned white and i can no longer pull it back over the head of my penis like use to be able to. i can still pull back foreskin when im not erect but when i have an erection i cant pull it back anymore.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 18 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

As per the description of your clinical symptoms,you are having problem with your fore skin of penis known as phimosis. In case of phimosis retraction of fore skin over the glans penis becomes difficult.

I advise you to consult a urologist and discuss your problem. You will be treated accordingly. The commonest and effective modality to treat the condition is by a minor surgical procedure caleld Circumcision.

Hope I have cleared your doubt,
If you need any further clarification write us back,
Follow-up: Tip of foreskin turned white and unable to pull back in erect position. What is the disease called? 23 minutes later
i have read about phimosis. like i said i use to be able to pull my fore skin back all the way before even with an erection so does this mean that it will do this again even after i get treated for it. only in the last month or so i havent been able to pull it back.
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 44 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Some conditions like lack of moisture, fungal infections or conditions like Morphea can reduce the turgor in the foreskin and make it difficult to pull it back temporarily.

These conditions may not last and may need no intervention except application of moisturizing lotion for few weeks. If not subsided with moisturizers steroid ointments may be needed to treat the same.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.