Tiny red rashes on inner thighs and pubic area after protected sex. Cause of concern?

Hi, I just recently had protected sex on Thursday and woke up on Friday morning with tiny red bumps, almost like a rash on my inner thighs and pubic area, but nothing on my penis. It itches very little, but is pretty red. My partner and I did have a lot of sex so I was wondering if it is just a rash from friction or not. Most of the bumps are just red, yet a few of them have a head like a pimple almost. I've been washing it and trying to keep it clean and dry, as well as applying lotrimin ultra to the area in case it is a fungal issue. Any idea?
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in .
Ive gone through the photographs and history provided.
The images provided are suggestive of tinea corporis a fungal infection.
You can take oral fluconazole tab 150 mg per week and apply lotrimin cream twice a day for 15 days.The infection should be cleared by 2-3 weeks.
Also take tablet zyrtec twice daily it will help for itching.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist
Follow-up: Tiny red rashes on inner thighs and pubic area after protected sex. Cause of concern? 34 minutes later
I would like to take the oral Fluconazole tablet, but I'm pretty sure that is only a prescription drug. Is there any way to get my hands on it?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 52 minutes later
Hi again,
Fluconazole is a prescription drug .You will need to get prescription from GP or dermatologist.If you are not able get prescription you can still get cured by application of clotrimazole cream or terbinafine cream twice daily.Only longer duration of application for 3-4 weeks should be ensured.
Hope this helps.