Tiny red bump with a dark center appeared on foot. Should I be worried?

I was out in a field bout two weeks ago and this tiny red bump with a dark center showed and has been there since it's really but only bothers me when I push on it or my shoe rubs against it. Should I be worried
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query. From the symptoms that you have described, It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could answer some of these questions:
1)     Is the lump painful or is it itchy?
2)     Does it drain any white sebum like discharge?
3)     Does it have any redness or warmth?

Such kind of lump can be due to insect bite or an infected hair follicle causing a boil. Apply warm compresses on the bump and keep the area clean with topical antiseptics. You can apply a topical antibiotic cream like Neosporin or Bactroban. Also wear cotton clothes.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.