Tiny itchy bumps on feet with clear liquid discharge

I have pin sized bumps on my feet, clear liquid very itchy, water makes it worse, bad enough it wakes me up at night
It comes and goes, this summer has been bad Sometimes I take a ped egg and actually scrap my feet until they bleed because that feels better than the extreme itching
Posted Fri, 25 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for putting up the query.

I have gone through the details provided. It may be able to help you better if you could answer the questions below:

-Do you have such bumps on palms?
- Are the bumps painful?
- Is there exfoliation of skin (peeling) over soles?
-Have you taken any treatment for the same?

Reply to above questions and I would be able to help you better.
If you can provide with photographs of the feet close up and distant view it would be very helpful .You can upload them by using feature on right side of this page.

Waiting for your reply.

Dr Sudarshan

Follow-up: Tiny itchy bumps on feet with clear liquid discharge 43 hours later
No, I do not have these pin bumps anywhere other than the soles of my feet. No
they are not painful but very itchy to the point of using a ped egg to make them bleed, rather than itch. The bleeding feels better than the itching. Also within 2 days
of removing all the dead skin cells on my feet- they are very dry again and I have
to remove the dead skin cells again. Yes I have seen a doctor many years ago and he told me my sweat glands did not work properly. Also I don't know if you are a dermatologist they might could answer the question easier. I incorrectly ask for an oncologist.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi dear,

Thanks for providing the details.

There is nothing to be worried as I am dermatologist. You may be able to view my profile against my name.

Based on your description, I feel this is most likely to be a pompholyx, though other conditions like pustular psoriasis and allergic contact dermatitis needs to be ruled out.

A direct examination of the lesion by a qualified dermatologist can help us differentiate among the aforementioned conditions. If it were to be a Pompholyx, the treatment would consist of oral and topical steroids , antibiotics topically also antihistaminics. In severe cases dapsone can be used.

Pompholyx is a type of endogenous eczema which runs a chronic course and has remissions and exacerbation. With proper monitored treatment, you would be able to handle it better. So I urge you to visit your dermatologist.

Meanwhile you can take tab Zyrtec an over the counter antihistaminic for itching and apply aloe vera lotion over feet. Washing the feet in lukewarm water will also help.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Wishing you speedy recovery

Dr Sudarshan