Tiny flesh coloured bumps appeared inside vaginal lips. How to get rid of this irritation?

My vaginal lips are irritated. Right inside the inner lips are teeny tiny flesh colored bumps (like goosebumps). Inside my vagina is bright pink and healthy looking. My discharge looks normal- white like milk, not clumpy or smelly that I notice; however maybe more than usual, which maybe normal being that my cycle will probably start mid next week. How best can I soothe myself and get rid of the irritation?
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 29 minutes later
Your symptoms like irritation, excessive discharge & flesh colored appearance inside vagina are indicating towards vaginitis that is vaginal infection.
So consult your doctor for local examination & high vaginal swab culture to detect cause of vaginits & also get your urine routine examination & culture sensitivity done, because most of the time UTI & vaginitis occur simultaneously.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.

Dr.Monika Choudhary