Tiny basel cell carcinoma taken off from forehead at the hairline. Suggest the vitamins to be taken?

I just had a tiny basel cell carcinoma taken off my forehead at the hairline. The dermatologist said that I had a 90% chance of having more in a year. I would like to take this idea off the table. What suggestions, vitamins, etc do you suggest.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...prevention is done by sun avoidance.
Detailed answer...
skin tumour which is thought to arise from hair follicles. 
BCC is very uncommon in dark skinned races and is very common in Europe,USA,Uk and Australia.
Treatment is done by surgical excision and it's recurrence is quite common as suggested by your doctor.
Further prevention is done by ....
Avoid UV exposure by staying out of sun between 10 am and 4 pm.
Wearing wide hats and long sleeved shirts.
Using high factor sunscreen lotions
Consulting your doctor immediately on suspicion of recurrence.
Regular intake of oral retinoids may prevent or delay the development of new BCC.
Consume more of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Take multivitamins and VIT D supplement for general body health.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Tiny basel cell carcinoma taken off from forehead at the hairline. Suggest the vitamins to be taken? 12 hours later
Can you be more specific about Oral Retinoids? Are you talking about Vitamin A and E perhaps or a drug? If you are talking about vitamins can you recommend specific ones with the dosage recommended by you. We take lots of vitamins and in high doses so none of that is new to us. So give us your best shot. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 18 minutes later
Retinoids are compounds derived from RETINOIC ACID,which is also called as VIT A.
These oral retinoids work through the VIT A pathway.
These include..
As far their usage and dosage is concerned,it would be best on your part to talk to your treating doctor,because he knows the best about you and he can have a proper follow up of yours,once the medicines are started.
Online doctors can only guide you but are not allowed to treat you.
I hope you realise our limitations.
Best of luck