Tinitus is causing hear loss. Could I use candibiotic ear drops ?

ENT Specialist
Tinitus is causing noising ear and reducing my level of hearing. Could I use candibiotic ear drops ?
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 3 hours later

Thanks for the query

Tinnitus could be due to various reasons which require complete evaluation of the nose and the ear.

As you are suffering from sinusitis, following are the causes which could induce tinnitus:

1. There could be blockage of the tube connecting nose and the ear (Eustachian tube).
2. Fluid in the middle ear.
3. Retraction of the ear drum following Eustachian tube block.

Without finding out the exact cause of tinnitus, you should not use candibiotic ear drops.

My suggestion to you is to try using saline nasal spray, followed by steam inhalation and a mucolytic (such as bromhexine or ambroxol) to reduce the problems; this can be of some help.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon