Tingling throat, muscle stiffness, tingling spine. Feeling hot and cold. Difficulty sleeping, tension headache. What do I have?

Question
Hi I get tingling in my throat, as well as muscle stiffness and tingling down my spine and through my shoulder blades. My core temperature changes constantly, ill be cold then hot. The tingling in my back makes it hard to sleep it leads to tension headaches sometimes and inflammation. Just curious what you may think I have? My MD thinks it anxiety, i do constantly think of my symptoms but only because they are there. I have not yet spoke to a psychiatrist. Sometimes when I rub my hand over the muscle i hear cracking, along with this in the morning I can literally flex my shoulder blades back and hear them crack. When I get the tension heads, I feel this warm sensation run to the front and side of my heads. Please any help.
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 6 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I do understand your concern

I think that you have anxiety related problem. How ever, a remote possibility of organic neurological illness need exclusion in your case. I will suggest you to XXXXXXX a neurologist who will interview you which will clarify the clinical picture and he will have a chance to clinically examine you. This in turn will guide us regarding the investigations like MRI scan of brain/spine and EEG (Electroencephalogram, a test which maps the brain functions). If these tests are negative, the chance of having a serious neurological illness will be very low.

Hope this helps
Please get back to me if you have any concern
Best wishes

Follow-up: Tingling throat, muscle stiffness, tingling spine. Feeling hot and cold. Difficulty sleeping, tension headache. What do I have? 10 hours later
Thanks for the help, I am going to ask for an MRI today from my MD. The EEG test , do they perform this during the MRI or is this a separate test altogether?

This is my anxiety speaking, what possible neurological illnesses could it be? MS , Tumor any other possibilities?

Thanks Doctor.

Thanks for the feed back

Let me tell you that you need not worry at all. Just uploaed the MRI, I will guide you and let you know what it is. Until then please have some patience.

I understand your concern and anxiety. But you keep cool.

EEG test is a separate one and it is done in the EEG lab. EEG and MRI are different tests and are done in different lab in different time.

Best wishes