Tingling sensation in thigh, pain in shoulder and hurts to turn neck. Should I consult a doctor?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have an exruciating pain in my right shoulder it hurts to turn my neck in both directions and pulls where my collarbone is. I got my sisters to massage me which seemed to releive a tiny bit but not much i just woke up and it was sore. do i need to go and see a doctor or a chiropractor? or what can i do to make the pain go away?I haven't been working and was relaxing the entire day before the pain commenced. Looking back i had tingling pains running up my thigh and hip the day before and pain in my foot as well but brushed that off as it wasn't very sore. I had a car crash 6weeks ago could it be a delayed effect? i was cleared from everything from that crash.
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 44 minutes later

I have read your query in detail. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.This not seems to be related to your car crash 6 weeks ago.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time to heal.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you speedy recovery...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.