Tingling sensation in frontal calves, persistent. What can be causing this?

I have a tingly sensation in the front of my calves, like the sensation is just coming back, after I sat on them too long. What can cause this sensation?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 5 hours later

The tingling sensation over the XXXXXXX and front of calves is most likely arising from the nerves. Its a sign of neuropathy.

When sit for long periods, the nerves get compressed and such compression can causes tinging and sometimes numbness.
Its could also occur due to uncontrolled diabetes. Your FBS ( fasting blood sugar ) in 143 and it means that you need to be on medications and dietary modifications.

Most of these symptoms are self limiting and does not need any futher investigation or treatment.
So be reassured.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran