Tingling sensation in fingers and feet. Had consecutive child births in a short span of time

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi there I have had 3 babies in 3 years and recently I have had a tingly sensation in my left fingers and left foot, what could this be?
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later
Mild tingly sensations in left fingers and left foot is likely to be due to the electrolyte imbalance.
Another possible cause is vitamin B complex deficiency.
Other causes that need to be considered include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the legs as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid.
You need to keep your body well hydrated with plenty of fresh fruit juices.
Regular intake of rejuvenating fluids might help. Apart from the sports drinks which contain glucose and electrolytes you must have enough water alongwith to avoid dehydration.
Taking vitamin B complex supplements and methylcobalamin supplements for at least two weeks regularly will help in reducing your problem.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Tingling sensation in fingers and feet. Had consecutive child births in a short span of time 6 minutes later
Do you advise I see a local GP?
The tingly sensation is starting to travel up my shin?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes you can consult your local GP who will run a few tests to detect the exact cause. Meanwhile you can start taking vitamin B complex supplements.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.