Tingling sensation in arms and legs after taking percoset. Reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi ! I have been taking percoset 10 mg for a few days . Now I'm having tingling sesation in my arms and legs . Is it XXXXXXX ?
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Percocet consumption is associated with tingling and numbness on long term use in less than 1% of patients. This is a mild and rare side effect. Stopping the drug will cause reversal of this sensation.
Meanwhile for symptomatic relief you can start taking vitamin B complex supplements.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Tingling sensation in arms and legs after taking percoset. Reason? 2 hours later
Thank you for your response . I only took percoset for 3 days . Like one or two pills a day . And I have taken them before as well . May be a year ago after my surgery for couple of weeks but I ve never had numbness or tingling sensation before . Could it be that my body reacted only on few pills this time like that ?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 11 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If you have taken it before and there was no such problem earlier, then it is not likely to be due to the tablets you are taking. Vitamin B complex deficiency and electrolyte imbalance are other common causes.
You can take the supplements for 2 weeks and see if it improves.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.