Tingling on right side of face, tongue and right hand. Is this sign of an illness?

tingling on right side of face, tongue, and right hand; some coordination on right hand and leg
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood pressure controlled, opinion of a neurologis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is important to know if you have ever been diagnosed hypertensive or not. Knowing if you have any past history of heart disease/blood or clotting disorder is of utmost importance. The commonest cause of such one sided symptoms is usually minor forms of stroke.

I case you experience any headaches, it might important to know the intensity, duration, whether you have any eye manifestations like pain or watery eyes or nausea. Severe forms of migraine can present themselves as such. Another possible cause is temporal arteritis, which usually cause severe one sided headaches.

I strongly suggest you consult your doctor for your blood pressure to be controlled, a controlled examination of the nervous system to exclude a stroke or migraine.

Booking an appointment with a neurologist is my advise. But first, control your blood pressure first. Thanks and hope this helps. Feel free asking follow up questions in case you have any specific concerns. I shall be glad to contribute to your health. Kind regards.

DR Rogers