Tingling, itching, dry, rough, oozing lips. Reaction from sunscreen?

hi, i woke this morning to my lips all tingly & itchy & now they feel really dry & rough & it looks like pin holes in them maybe with oozing. the bottom outline of the lower lip itches like crazy. could this be a reaction from the overspray from spraying my kids down with suncscreen on sunday or something worse? this happened 2 years too but i thought maybe it was because i was pregnant then.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 2 hours later

Yes, you are right. It seems to be URTICARIA (also known as reaction).
What caused it has to be properly analyzed. It may be food (chocolate, animal proteins).
Sunscreen on Sunday would be little bit far-fetched, as reactions should their effect faster in spray form. When the allergy-causing factor is in food it takes more time to show its effect.

Yes, pregnancy increases the susceptibility to allergy. But you have to remember what caused it at that time and co-relate it with what may have caused it again this time. If you remember properly there may be some common factor between the two events.
You may take some antihistaminic pills as early as possible.

I hope your query is satisfied. I shall be available for any follow-up.