Tingling in right hand fingers. Should I be concerned?

hi. I am 44 years old male. feeling in the past few days ocassional tingling or close to numbness in my right hand fingers ( thumb index and middle) shiuld I be concerned but it does come and go.
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It depends...

Detailed Answer:

Occasional brief episodes of tingling and numbness limited to right thumb, index and middle finger does not always signify a serious concern. You may ignore it. However if it lasts for say few hours and if there are associated weakness and pain, it is better to get this evaluated. I would look into your cervical spine, your blood sugar, vitamin levels first before proceeding to test higher central nervous system (brain).

In short, if it is less frequent and short lived, you can observe for a few days. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Quit smoking and alcohol (if any).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.