Tingling in heels, numbness in fingers, having planters fascists. Causes for symptoms and treatment?

I am having numbness and tingling in my right heel shooting down to my pinky toe, slight numbness on left side of heel, and slight numbness in right pinky finger. What could be the cause. I saw my doc yesterday who said planters fascists but said numbness is not part of it. I am confused. My stats are 5'7 and 122 lbs. I walk but haven't in a month.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 hours later

Thanks for the query

What you are suffering from looks like what is known as peripheral neuropathy.

Basically the nerves that supply your skin get affected and in your case it could be because of the tetracycline you are taking which is known to cause this kind of issue.
Please visit the prescribing doctor immediately for change in prescription, I would suggest you to stop tetracycline but please ask your doctor before doing so.

If the numbness does not come down even after stopping the drug then you will have to be worked up for other causes of numbness, most commonly vit b12 deficiency and diabetes.
You will have to get complete blood count, peripheral smear, vit b12 levels.

Please visit your physician soon, do not ignore the current problem.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you a speedy recovery