Tingling in back and chest. Feeling tightness in neck. Treated for nausea and acid reflux. Can a pinched nerve cause the problem?

It all started three weeks ago when I felt tingling in my back and chest. Approx 1 week later I started to feel tightness in my neck with the tingling on and off. 1 week later I started having stomach issues, nausea and vomiting. The neck pain went away briefly, but now has come back. I went to the doctor and she said that we might be dealing with two separate issues. Acid reflux or ulcer for my stomach and a pinched nerve for my neck. She gave me some medications for nausea and acid reflux. The issues subsided briefly, but have come back in a week. I have a CT scheduled today for my abdomen and pelvis, to see what issues could possibly be going on. I am worried that it could be stomach cancer or something related to cancer. Everyone is telling me to call down, but it is making me real nervous. Can a pinched nerve cause all of these symptoms, or it is likely to be cancer?
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not likely cancer

Detailed Answer:
I think cancer is extremely unlikely in your case. There are so many other things which commonly caused the symptoms which you are describing.

Sometimes a pinched nerve or sometimes inflammation in the esophagus and stomach can cause some of the symptoms. I would wait for the final results of the CT scan and then go from there

cancer of the stomach is not very common. Sometimes this is something that we see in patients who drink heavy amounts of alcohol and who smoke a lot of cigarettes. even in that group of patients stomach cancer is rare.

Again I would encourage you to try to remain calm and focus on other things besides the possibility of cancer. Again this is very unlikely in your case.

Dr. Galamaga