Tingling in arm, unexplained bruise on back of arm. Related?

Hi Doc,

I recently saw a doctor about some tingling in my left arm. He seemed to feel it was a trapped or pinched nerve. Last night I noticed an unexplained bruise on the back of my left arm where my tricep meets my shoulder. Could these be related, or is this just a regular bruise?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 7 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
I think it is regular bruise, you might have unknowingly had this as most of us do and notice this some time later.
As you have seen the doctor, i don't think both your symptoms are related. It will be nice if you mention whether there are any similar bruises in other part of the body. If yes, need to be evaluated.
Presently i don;t think you need to worry, i advice you just keep eye on the wound. It should subside in 2 to 3 days.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.