Tingling feeling in right arm and right side of the back. What could it be?

I have a tingling feeling going down the right arm and right side of the back when I move my neck and look down, sometimes I have a constant tingling feeling in my right arm. Can you help in telling me what this is ?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cervical spondylosis is a possibility

Detailed Answer:

With the description that you had given cervical spondylosis or nutritional causes could be my judgement. I suggest you to get an Xray Cervical spine after reviewing with the primary care doctor there. Hemoglobin, Blood counts and serum vitamin levels of Vit B1, B12, Vit D and Calcium are also helpful.

Your doctor can thoroughly examine the sensory and motor functions of the arm to understand nerve impingement. Take help from a diet expert to include the above vitamins.

Let me know your other concerns.

Follow-up: Tingling feeling in right arm and right side of the back. What could it be? 22 minutes later
Can whiplash injuries cause a similar problem ?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Whiplash injury can cause a fracture of the cervical vertebra.

Once they heal or during healing they can impinge the nerve and cause such sensations.