Tingling bump on back of head, no sickness or headache. Is this normal?

I had a bad bump and cut to the back of my head 4 weeks ago and can still feel the area quite tender and tingling is this normal healing I did not seek medical attention at the time I have had no sickness or headache and otherwise feel well.
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
head injuries should be considered serious if you have:
1) Vomiting
2) Double Vision
3) Convulsion
4) Un-responsiveness
If you did not have any of these symptoms, then you need not worry much. Tenderness and tingling sensation are a part of normal healing but they occuring at the end of 4 weeks is something abnormal. It should have healed until now.
You need to see a surgeon who can examine the local area and probably start you on some anti-biotics to help in the healing.
Without examining the area it will be difficult to comment on the reason for tenderness.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and review it if possible.
In case if you want to discuss with me directly you can use the link:
WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you a good health!