Time taken to be diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer. Had BPH. Could have been cancer?

how long does in years does it take to be diagonised with metastatic prostate cancer. I was diagosed with BPH in 2007, could it have actually been early stage prostate cancer? instead of BPH?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later

There is no time frame that shall help us to find out when you developed prostate cancer and when it turned metastatic.

A lot of factors come into play including grade of tumor, your own immunity.

However, it is possible that you may have been harbouring carcinoma prostate when you were diagnosed to have BPH in 2007.

I hope you were investigated with PSA (Prostate specific antibody) and digital rectal examination.

Kindly let us know of your serial PSA. Also kindly let us know of your histology, level of metastases and treatment being offered at this point of time so that we may also be of help in your future tteatment.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.