Tightness in my chest, lightheadedness. Had open heart surgery. Took nitro that gave these symptoms ?

Cardiologist, Interventional
strange symptoms I have tightness in my chest lightheadedness little trouble breathing been going through this for about hour now I had open heart surgery 13 years ago no sweating no pain just tightness I'm a 63 year old male I have been diagnosed with arithmea I have had quite a while I have pain in my ankle earlier the day I am on and take plavix for my blood I took nitro it made the symptoms worse
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 49 minutes later
Thanks for query. In my opinion, though you dont have pain still your symptoms look like angina to me, What was open heart surgery for, was it CABG or valve or some other surgery? If you are not having contraindication for treadmill test you should undergo one. After looking at treadmill report you may need change in medicines or coronary angiogram and revascularisation.
Thanks and regards