Tightness in chest, neck, shoulder and arm. What is causing this?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Tightness in chest I have been having slot of tightness in my chest. The left side in my neck , shoulder and arm. This has been going on for 2 days. My NO is 160/110 last night it was 178/112
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 8 hours later

I need some more information as to your age, your background illness and if there any any other associated symptoms or medications that you are taking.

Based on the current information given to me, your blood pressure is too high and the pain could be angina (heart related pain).

A detailed cardiac examination by a competent cardiologist is warranted. You may need EKG and perhaps cardiac enzymes too. Further there might be a need to start you on medications of high blood pressureSo you need to see you cardiologist or physician immediately and have an ecg and if felt necessary by your doctor cardiac enzymes.

Cervical (neck) pathology is the second possible cause of your symptoms. If your doctor feels your pain is not related to heart than you may require work for cervical problem.

Hope this information is able to answer your query. I may be able to give you some more information after I get more information from you.

Best wishes