Ask a Urologist   »  

Tight penis foreskin, cracks during retraction. Cure?

my penis foreskin is tight and when upon retraction it get cracks and tears. What can I do to cure this?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later

You can try applying corticosteroid cream like betamethasone on the inside of prepuce for 4 weeks. If that corrects the condition then it is fine. Otherwise you shall require circumcision.

You can also try some other methods like pull the foreskin forward away from the body several times then pull it back as far as it will go onto the glans (head of the penis) and hold it in this stretched position for several minutes. If done with an erection the stretching will be even more effective. Do this several times a day. You can also do this using baby oil.

The glans is often uncomfortably tender to touch when exposed for the first time. This can be cured by deliberately handling it under water . It will soon become less tender and reach a normal level of sensitivity.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.